Thursday, November 6, 2008

Not climbing.

So it was a fairly busy weekend/week so far.

Last Friday I taught the family the joys of a jack-o-lantern. We made two. Now i have to go and research where exactly the name jack-o-lantern came from.... I've never questioned this- but of course I have been asked more than once- Who is jack?

The weekend was ridden with really ugly and unusually cold weather. Instead I went to Segovia and did the tourist thing. Segovia Highlights---- an aqueduct, a sweeeeeeeeeet castle and of course, food.
This is the aqueduct. I have been told that it was built at the end of 1st to early 2nd century BC by the Romans. It is made by large Granite stones WITHOUT cement, mortar or clamps or anything. Those Romans were pretty good at what they did....


Things that are new:

-I am finishing up putting together my resume in english and spanish to search for a job in a hotel or something. That is my latest plan. I plan to continue living with the family, but need to find a job during some of my free time or during the night.

- I hurt my leg climbing. something with my muscle- Yeah, sounds kinda unlikely, who hurts thier leg while climbing? MEEEEE. This means another weekend without climbing, which is good because I feel like i have been absolutely busy and running around these days. I also used it as an excuse to skip class today.


Cooking tip: You should use a plastic knife to cut lettuce.

Reminder: You probably only live once.

2 comments:

Kay Pea said...

Probably? I'm pretty sure it definite. Unless you are cat. then you live nine times.

Jenna said...

Sure you hurt your leg "climbing".