Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A note to write.

(This is my home)

After another absolutely gorgeous weekend, today is rainy rainy rainy. I could hear the rain on the roof all night long and it continues today. I wore myself out over the weekend taking advantage of the final days before it turns cold. Cold being in the neighborhood of 40-50 degrees farenheit.


Friday I finally made it to the museum of Sorolla. It is the first class fieldtrip that I have gone on since I have been here. It was pretty fun. Notice in the painting below- he is most known for his use of light. AMAZING. I do love his paintings, but actually the highlight of the trip was the asian girls reading my palm. One girl took my hand and shouted "oh my God" Then they were all freaking out in their native tongue. Some highlights of the reading: I will have a very grave accident in my life when I am about 45 years old. They were disputing- I am either going to have normal money or very little. I have no intelligence, but my husband will be REALLY intelligent.
On friday night Javi and I went to a new place that has the best CHOCOLATE of my life. Basically a nice cup of chocolate is like drinking a mug of chocolate syrup. I know it sounds gross, but they do it, and it is really good and warm. I have a mad sweet tooth for chocolate. It has only gotten worse since I have lived in spain. And i am not talking any of that milk chocolate stuff. I gotta have deep rich dark chocolate. Anyways, my chocolate from friday had chunks of fruit in it and Javi had one that had little pieces of orange in it. So good and sooooo good. It was funny because his sister was with us and I was telling them stories about my life and childhood in the states. It was really funny for them because to them 'my life is like a movie.' She was asking me about the little girls that go door to door selling cookies, the thing that we say when we are trick-or-treating, and teenagers egging houses. They only see those things in movies. Yeah, we live it. I felt really cool.

This week my focus, and very unsuccessful thus far, is to force myself to make some decisions about the future. The future being the next year. I printed out my resume and hate it. Have no clue what I want to do and my previous hopes of spending the summer in the states are diminishing. Struggling.........

No comments: