Monday, October 20, 2008

Its mushroom season in Spain!

So everyone is going around collecting baskets and baskets full of mushrooms wherever they see em. Then we cook em up and eat them. Soo good. This weekend the family went to pick mushrooms out in the country. And when they werent traipsing around the countryside they went back to the house to jam on the guitars. Tio filipe has an acoustic with 12 strings.

Anyways i passed all that up to go out to Alquezar again in hopes of getting in some canyoneering and world-class climbing. Well it rained saturday so that took canyoneering out of my plans. We hung out mostly inside all day. Some, of course went out in search of mushrooms. We went out to eat and to a bar in the evening. I finally got some rest that I have been missing for a while.

Sunday I headed out to Rodellar to get in some climbing. We were limited to overhung climbing as things were still drying from the rain. Dani Andrada, one of the world's bests, was there. Not much else. Headed back home on Sunday night.

Today I finally started school again. I have not missed out on anything in class. But i have come to the realization of what i was missing. I now have a great sense of accomplishment. I am a funtioning member of society and I actually do something. When the kids go to school and the parents to work.... I have something to do as well. It feels good. There are a lot of new kids. Some have only been in Spain for a couple of weeks now. Stress and homesickness. I dont think i was that bad, or was I?

Anyways. I am in a different place now and I like it. Love it. I still haven't taken any pictures.

1 comment:

KayPea said...

glad you are going to school you big slacker. tell javi hi from me...