Thursday, October 16, 2008

And back, one more time.

Me and broski number 4:
Flippity Flop, now I'm back in Spain and actually have time to write again. I will be here until June, only 8 short months.

It is great to be back, but it seems that things are already back into the normal hum-drum of children crying and pulling on my strings like puppeteers. I truely did miss them and truely do love and care for them.

School started at the beginning of October, which means I should've been in the classroom today. However, as would be expected, I am already playing hookey and probably will do that a lot this semester. Unless of course something besides the renewal of my visa lures me in, like a good-looking young and wealthy man with a great sense of humor, a passion for climbing and an aptitude for buying me diamonds. So I'm getting sidetracked. The bottom line is that class is boring and I dread getting myself out the door for the 30 minute walk. I'm sure soon I will make that resolution I do every semester: a sharp pencil, perfect attendence without tardiness, completed homework, and 100% participation.

Today my worthy excuse for skipping was to unpack my suitcases and deal with banks. While in the United States I decided to generously give away ALL of my personal information. I am now a suffering victim of FRAUD. I can't really say that I have considered myself to be a "victim" before. It's an interesting feeling. It's not what I expected, especially since I am the one who GAVE away all my information to the wrong people. How the Heck am I a victim? See.... there I go, textbook response, blaming myself. Well, the good that comes out of this story is that I can use my words, from experience, as an inspiration to help others.... "Be careful out there. Ya know, I once was like everyone else, thought I was immune to fraud. But the truth is we are not. If someone asks for all your information over the internet, do not give it to them. Even if it is someone you think you can trust like John Paul Washington from Cambodia who will pay you $25,000 to help him get a kidney transplant for his sick two-year old child in the United States."

2 comments:

Kay Pea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kay Pea said...

fraud?? seriously??? oh man...now you can be in that cool commerical....or not so cool.