Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Official Announcement.

(I am SUPER HAPPY to announce.......)
Hello everyone. I think it is important for you all to know. I will be leaving Spain and be on vacation (from teaching, but not complete vacation) in the United States of America for the duration of the summer.

I will be leaving Spain and arriving in Chicago on Friday July 1st. I have been making arrangements with my party coordinator (Bonnie Ryan) and there will be a giant welcome to America party in Chicago that weekend. This will include a 10 course barbeque as well as some of the most spectacular fireworks you will see all year.

I will spend the summer living in my parents' 5 bedroom 1000 square foot mansion and take 15 minute showers during which I will not turn off the water while shampooing or soaping up. I do not plan to use public transportation at any point during my stay*, but will be eating tons of frozen food that make easy microwavable meals. Ice cream sundays will return as a staple part of my diet and I will revert to communicating with my closest friends through the use of the english language and sign language. I will regain my household title as the champion wii player of the penguin jumping on the iceberg to eat fish. I will use the bank drive thru, the mcdonalds drive thru, the culvers drive thru, maybe the laundry drive thru or even possibly the liquor drive thru (but probably not the last two). I will completely abstain from Jamon, gazpacho, and tapas. It is going to be a very tough transition for me.

A return flight to Spain has been scheduled for the last week of September. The welcome back party has not been set in stone yet, but it will be a monumental quad-Birthday/welcome back celebration costumes obligatory.


*Taxis do not fall under the category of public transportation

1 comment:

KayPea said...

WHAT?? How am I not on the party planning committee??

But seriously, SOOO EXCITED that you will be here!!!