Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A deep breath

Yep, I know you were probably wondering- The answer is: yes, I am still alive and thriving. I can summarize the past two weeks in very few words. Working and Climbing. That is the literal truth. I feel like I have been outside of this world for the past two weeks. My days have been on the go from 8 until 12 everyday except on the weekends when I am in the mountains.

The important news is that things are a little slower now. I am getting along well in my new classes and slowly but surely moving up grade by grade in my climbing. What more can I want from life?! Okay, a lot more. but whatever no one knows the key so lets just stay away from that topic.

I am finally gonna be sitting down to start looking at plane tickets. I am really excited to head back home and see everyone for a few months! I even had a hearty phone convo with the USA to get me all pumped up and my english back to par. I was thinking that it will be a little, I mean a lot wierd when i get back there and everything is in English.
So the community of the Madrid has made these groovy posters for this awesome campaign they have going. There is a child in a classroom raising his hand. Above his huge grin is the slogan "Yes, we want!" (This is referring to the child wanting to learn English in the public school system) As an English teacher it is my duty to point out to any non-native english speaker reading this that it is officially the dumbest Official campaign I have ever seen this year. It is not really English. And, well if they cant make the posters correctly...... well, whatever.

(I am not angry like it may come off, I just take my job a little too seriously. oh and for the curious- the correction is that you need to want "something." Just like using the verb "like")

The weather here is flopping back and forth between summer and winterish. It sucks. Tomorrow is the final round of the climbing competition before the Finals. I love climbing.

Unfortunately I dont have any new or exciting picture to post, but I look pretty much the same as I do in the picture from the previous post, WHICH is apparently almost identical to my sister. In fact if you want to see me just look at my sister, its like the same thing. Trade Florida for Madrid.

1 comment:

KayPea said...

YEAHHHHHHH!!! Can't wait to see you!!!