Sunday, May 9, 2010

Another weekend.

I'll start with the pictures. I hate posting without pictures because the truth is i dont really have anything important, but everyone appreciates pictures.

LAST WEEK IN CUENCA:

This is Jorge. He's a great and noble important character in the story of my life:

Javi and I doing our thing.......Me up close and personal.





Well i havent climbed this weekend. instead i just woke up from an incredible 10 hours of sleep. Life is so amazing when i sleep. I should sleep more, but in Spain the norm is to not sleep. Remember the sleepless days of college? Thats what i feel like i am living everyday.

So the other day I was riding along in the metro thinking "i am positive that i am working too hard." Immediately a vision, that has been with me for the past 7 years, popped into my head: Adam looks at me all googily eyed advising me in the most caring, cynical, arrogant big brother way and says, "Katie, you pedal your bike like crazy and in the end you get to the same place as everyone. It's like you are peddaling in 1st gear all the time. Relax." I dont know if it is true, but it has stuck with me over the years. The conclusion is that its true- i am working too hard. I think i need to get smarter and richer. In the meantime I try to make the most of my metro rides and keep dreaming about my scooter- I think it will come this year.

The other day I saw the coolest thing. There was a group of deaf school boys on the metro. They were probably around 13 years old? I am not really sure, but it was very interesting to see how they all interact and communicate. Each one had a different type of hearing device and they were all hitting eachother to get attention the entire time. They signed really fast and had to keep shifting thier attention to keep up with eachother. It seemed as though thier conversation was not very fluent because they were never all looking at the same person at the same time. Anyways, thats one of the best and most overwhelming things about living in the city as well as public transportation. On an average day I would not be surprised if I see about 3,000 different people.

I want to tell you all that i have bought plane tickets, but I cant find any that are cheap. I just spent 2 hours searching to no avail. However, I plan to get it taken care of this week.

There are three things that i live by right now. If i listen to Xavier Rudd, it always makes me really optimistic. If I watch the daily show I always relax and feel informed about the world. If I sleep more I always wake up with the best answers. My life is like a math equation. Madrid is wearing me out.

No comments: