Monday, May 24, 2010

The adventure called life continues....

The other day I saw someone get robbed on the metro. Naturally, as it was the first time I actually saw this happen, I wasnt quite sure that it was really happening. But once the thieves had escaped and the metro doors had closed, it all registered and was too late to do anything. It really gets me down when I see things like that. The poor man was Italian and traveling with his son who was about 17 years old. Another passenger tried to tell him to return to the site of the crime because sometimes they throw out the wallet or documents, but I dont know if the italian understood. He just dropped his package of cookies on the ground and got off the train at the next stop. As People stepped on and off the metro, they kicked around the poor box of cookies. Three stops later a man picked them up and tried to give them to another passenger because he thought she had dropped them. She said they werent hers and the box went back to the ground to be kicked around. On my way out I picked up the cookies. I knew I would encounter a junky on the way home. The story ends with at least one smile.

No comments: