Monday, March 30, 2009

Today

I had the best English class today. "I laughed so hard I broke my butt" (that is a literal and direct translation of what they would say in spanish for laughing really hard.)

I am still not sure I am cut out for teaching, but we are having a good time. Today we were practicing phone calls. One person would go into another room and call the rest of the class (and me) on speakerphone in the conference room. It was, well, ummm, they struggled a lot. But in the end we all laughed a lot. We are gonna have to go back and practice it again another day......... This should be a 1-2 day lesson. So far we have been doing it 3 days...........I am giving up.

I think the next topic we are going to do is hotels. Checking in/out, reserving, complaints, requests etc...... Any ideas you all have are always appreciated. :)

Oh This weekend I saw Grand Torino. I am certain it must have the same title in both English and Spanish. I cried and cried at the end. Not just a little. A lot. I always cry during movies these days. i am no sure what has happened to me. I am not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing? Well, here's my theory. After being approximately one year without really watching television or anything, I am have become completely SENSITIZED. to any sort of movie or television... maybe? i literally dont watch any tv or movies. maybe a little hannah montana, but thats it. I suppose i could research it. OR maybe it could be i am just really comfortable with my emotions.

Well its been a while since I have studied ANY spanish. i swear, this week will be better........

My sister is gonna have a baby BOY due in August. and Thats the latest news on my mind. See you next time. Have a good day.

No comments: