Monday, March 2, 2009

Well. I am counting down the months, days and minutes.



Ready to come home for summer. Still dont have any set date, but working on it!

Anyone remember me in highschool or college and my obsession with notecards????? They're back again. studying, studying, studying. I have my big official spanish test May 15th! I am not taking classes, just studying independently.... and that has been my main focus lately.

Other than that. Things are going along as usual...... This weekend I saw the move MILK. I suppose it is called the same thing there.

AND I went to an ummm I suppose in English it is called A Turkish Thermal bath. Javi and I made a deal: He took me there and I am not gonna have stress during the entire month of March. I just have to figure out how to hold up my end of the deal. Anywayssssss It was AWESOME and I highly recommend it, if you have the opportunity to go to one. The one that we went to is called Medina Mayrit and it is in the center of Madrid. It's a candle-lit cave, with 4 different baths: hot water, room temperature water, FREEZING water, and a turkish steam bath. It smells of incense and has relaxing arab music in the background, other than that silence is observed. The baths are reserved for groups of about 25 people in 1.5 hour reserved sessions. You go about as you please (in your bathing suit) and 'experience' the different areas, basically playing with the temperature changes. There is also 'rest area' with a fountain of tea for when you get tired of relaxing? But it actually does happen because of the heat and especially in the Turkish Bath. I loved the Turkish bath... it is suana with so much steam that you cant even see. And that is my story for now.
Last week I took Daniela into Madrid in Train and Metro! An awesome trip highlighted with lunch at McDonalds and a visit to the rock climbing gym!

Caroline and I: (over half my pictures come out blurry. sorry. but you all pretty much know what i look like already.)

Oh, actually this one turned out nice. Its not blurry at all...

No comments: