Monday, July 26, 2010

KY


I went to the red. as in red river gorge.... and it was awesomee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people were wonderful, the inter-climbing activities were spectacular and my body is more-or-less broken.

Anyways I went in a car with J.J. and Lauren (remember them from before? They visited Javi and by default me in Spain) and David Nimmer. David Nimmer is a climbing super hero. I know, that was a bold statement, but I'm gonna stick with it.

We met up with 3 other goons who came down in another car: Greg, Alex, and Chubs.

This is Alex and David Nimmer.... They are so silly.....

According the David, "the best climber in the world is the one that has the most fun."


After the trip nature and I are not on the best terms in the world......Day 1 Lauren, JJ and I all got stung by a species of killer bees. It really hurt, but probably not as much as when Alex got bit by a copperhead snake.....



After a hard day of climbing we headed out to an authentic Kentucky Ho-down. We learned a lot of ho-down dances. It was interesting to say the least. They also gave a step-by-step lesson on how to do the hokey pokey :) Right after the hokey pokey Greg got a phone call..... Alex got bit by a copperhead snake. (above picture)



While Alex was in the emergency room we decided to stop by the drive thru liquor store....

That's Greg and JJ. As you can see Greg has the best car for a drive thru liquor store, as well as off-roading. (Sorry if this gives you a headache)



In lieu of the snake-bitting incident we decided to stop by the reptile zoo to see snakes in cages, alligators and turtles.


As it was a climbing trip we did climb some. The picture below is the closest to proof of climbing that I have. Notice we are in the forest. I'm not sure why JJ was so sad.


Here is more evidence that we at least climbed a caboose....

We did do a lot of real climbing. Seriously, but I know that most people that read this dont care about it.....

No comments: