Sunday, September 18, 2011

28 years!!!!!!!

28. I can't even believe it. I have been romping around this earth trying to figure out what to do for that long! It's hard to believe that it was about 21 years ago that Anne got attacked by the entire nest of wasps when she threw the softball directly at them. I still remember it so clearly. Katie Pryor and I played for the lightening together almost 20 years ago. I was a little freshman at UD rooming with Kate Deiss about 10 years ago... Oh gosh and the UD peasants, So many awesome memories. but seriously, 28 years? Now, I have been back from Spain almost 1 year and I am rounding the corner to 30 years old!














I suppose a Birthday is always a good time to think about your life. I don't really have many reflections.... probably the biggest thing that I am learning is that NOTHING turns out how you think it will and even more rarely how you want it to turn out. Obviously, even my wild imagination did not picture myself to be like THIS at 28......I think GOD likes to surprise everyone and I am pretty difficult to sneak up on so he has made my plan extra, ummmmmm, CRAZY?!
When I was 10 years and you asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up, my response was be a mom. Then I remember my dad egging people on, saying "ask her how many children she will have. " I would nonchalantly reply, "20." At the time I didn't understand why the heck everyone would chuckle, but now I do. It's pretty clear that I was never bound to have 20 children, I think. Apparently God had other things planned for my life.... I never thought I would be an all-american rugby player, nscaa college athlete, own a pet snake named Betsy, ride a Bull, climb on top of the UD cafeteria, travel to over 20 different countries, rock climb across the world, become billingual or have so many people so dear to my heart. My friends and family have always been there for me in my happy times and of course my MANY times of need and although they still may not understand my love of Betsy, they accept it. I have been blessed with an amazing 28 years and know there are many more adventures to come..... So I decided an approriate way to kick off the next year was an adventure with two of my greatest friends, Bonnie and Katie. (and some random dude - i dont even remember his name, but he is in the pictures)





I went SKY DIVING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that was a tim McGraw reference.)





7 comments:

Alissa said...

SO fun! Happy birthday again Kateri!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KayPea said...

Ahhh...your pictures turned out awesome!!!!

Bird Feed said...

I am so impressed with you girls -- woohooooo!! What a rush it must have been! Also, I love the "Danger" sign in the last picture...hilarious!

The Reedy's said...

Kateri! Happy 28th! I hope the years to come are as awesome as the years past. You really have been lucky in life, and in friends;) Love you and miss you.

Kateri said...

geeez i love all of you!

KayPea said...

OH CORNELIUS.