Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Governor Dodge State Park

Despite local climbers' discouragement, Greg and I decided to head out to Governor Dodge State Park for a quick weekend break from LIFE.












Governor Dodge (located at the star) is about 2 hours and 15 minutes west of Milwaukee and absolutely beautiful. Greg told me to keep its a beauty a secret so that all the climbers don't head there, but I'm not very good at keeping secrets anways..... The park has two lakes with canoe and paddleboat rental, tons of bike trails, hiking trails and even horse trails. Apart from the regular camping it also has tons of HORSE camping. The climbing is very simple: there is only 1 small area that I know of (although I have heard there is another) and it has about 9 climbs. On Saturday we got on two of the routes with the intent to climb more on Sunday, but Sunday the bugs had taken over and claimed the area thier own; After 1 climb each we headed to the lake.
Right outside the park there was a giant Boehing C-97 signed by Farah Fawcett. It's parked in the lawn of the Donn Q Inn and I don't really know why.... I think it is simply a tourist attraction.
Of course aside from the climbing we got in the best part of camping..... Cooking dinner and roasting s'mores.

Right now I've got two loads of laundry in and am gearing up for the next trip.... I leave for Kentucky on Friday after work. :)

No comments: