Monday, March 15, 2010

When is daylight savings time in Spain?

I know that it has happened in the United States, but I have no clue as to when it will happen here in Spain. Why does it happen at different times ?....... (secretly i want an excuse to accidently miss a class. I think i am better off not looking it up)

Last week my favorite class was in the Prado Museum. I have not been there for a long time. I think my student and I looked at a total of 7 paintings in 1.5 hours. AWESOME. I always forget how much better it is to see paintings 'live' instead of seeing them in a book. Its like going to a concert or listening to a CD......We saw Raphael, Patinir, Valazquez, and Goya. I was not familiar with Patinir works before; He is a german artist known for distinct use of blues (from what i have seen in his horizons). One of the paintings we saw is below. Well, and we looked at a few other paintings. My student is very intelligent and has a conservative educational background. He has strong and unique opinions about topics that I find very interesting and sometimes quite abstract. I really enjoy my classes with him.


For those of you who dont really care about art or daylight savings time, you might be interested in my climbing life. Yesterday we went to Cuenca. I climbed about five routes in an area called... well i dont remember, but thats not important. I enjoyed myself in good company. I did not do much lead climbing, but I am happy that Javi and I are getting back into the whole going outside and climbing thing. The weather was beautiful and sunny. FINALLLYYYYYY spring.


Next week I am gonna go to what is probably one of the biggest and craziest pyromaniac parties in the world to celebrate saint Joseph's Day, aka father's Day. The party is called: Las Fallas and it is in Valencia. My understanding of the whole thing.... The people spend months making epic size satirical paper mache statutes, then they burn them down with mass quantities of fireworks or something like that? I am about 80% positive I will see a giant grinning O'bama burning down. HMMMM. Yes, it sounds crazy. I dont really know what to expect and I am not sure if all the rumors I hear are glorified or there truely will be little 5 year olds running around with firecrackers........
Well, I just wanted to say happy monday morning to the world. Now it's time to start the week. AHHH this week is a short week. :) Saint Joseph's day is a national holiday in Spain. YAY for dads. I love you poppy.

1 comment:

KayPea said...

Heeyy...I've been to Las Fallas before...and its AWESOME. Wear some comfy shoes and have fun!!