Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Back to Milwaukee

So I JUST finished a 30 hour journey from Madrid to MY HOME. YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I think I have done enough traveling for the rest of my life. Seriously. J I could complain, but I will save my complaints for when I call Air Canada.

-I will say I am thankful that my dad saw that the plane was delayed 2 hours and then had auxiliary problems BEFORE he headed to Chicago to pick me up.
- I am also grateful that I had my Spanish fan on the plane during the breakdown when we were all sitting in the dark and non-air-conditioned, full-capacity flight.
- Luckily I was not RIGHT next to the crying baby and I did get to watch movies and television the whole time. Highlights: “He’s just not into you” and a history channel special about Muhammad Ali. He seems to be such a great person.
- I am also happy that after a waiting 1 hour for my luggage and the workers searching the airport, they DID eventually find my luggage.
- I am also glad that, although I had to wait 3 hours for the shuttle to my hotel, I did get to the hotel for free and back to the airport on-time in the morning.
-Although the restaurant had closed when I arrived at the hotel and I went to bed without eating, I did get a solid 4.5 hours of sleep.
-Oh! and the icing on the cake is that they flew me to Milwaukee instead of Chicago. 15 hours later, but I’m sure my dad saved some gas money or something……

People were pissed, crying and there were cat-fights. I am just glad to be home. It was a great refresher course in all that could go wrong in travel so I can teach Javi all the vocabulary he needs to know when he comes to visit.

Well, I have to go and pack now - I am leaving for the airport again in two hours…. I’ll be back in 5 days.

No comments: