Friday, December 12, 2008

13 days till Christmas!

Okay did everyone in the world know that pointsettas are not really flowers, just a bunch of leaves. I feel like I must have at least known this sometime in my past, but forgotten it. Well, I thought I would refresh you all on that fact as well.

So here is one random thing that I found funny and have been meaning to share for some time now. Okay sooooooo have you ever driven with your foot out the window? You know like on a reallly loooooooooong drive. When its summer and the windows are down and you are tired and can't find the right position? Okay, I definately have done this numerous times driving between Texas and WI. Listening to the music... cruise control on..... its not that wierd is it? I would think that MANY of you have done this. I remember Cori Smith telling me she used to do it.


SO here's the kicker- Javi told me that a while back someone somewhere in Spain was driving like that and got a ticket for something or other. And it came out HUGE on the national news. Everyone was freaking out about it. Okay maybe not that big - everyone probably just noted it. My first thought was 'Wow that is noteworthy- I CANT BELIEVE they gave him a ticket for that! whats the big deal?'....... But then i stopped and a wave of dumbness came across me. I realized I am in Spain -everyone was more shocked by the fact that someone was driving like that. That was what merited the national attention.




Last weekend Javi and I went Donkey shopping in a little town outside of Madrid. The town is called Chinchon. The donkey is called Margharita. Now that Javi has a van we can bring a donkey along to carry our bags, equipment, and selves from the van to the mountain.

And this weekend????? well, despite the Unbearable COLD and my frailty as a creature of temperature, we are headed back to Albarracin. Santi (not the one i care for) will be heading to the states for one year and it is a farewell trip.

I know that all my family and friends will probably be distraught with concern for my well-being. Well don;t you worry yourselves. I learn; and so plan to climb wearing 3 pairs of pants, at least 4 shirts, a fleece, a hoody, a softshell jacket, a winter hat and scarf and a down sleeping bag.

Hooray for weekends.

2 comments:

Jenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna said...

A donkey eh?

Is that what you 2 got me for Christmas??

I mean when UPS called and said they had a big package that kinda smelled, I wasn't expecting that!!!

Do you think it is re-giftable??

lol