Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November Already?

Fall flew by.  I kept busy with a couple 'before the cold' climbing trips, the half-marathon, and last weekend I went down to Georgia/Florida again to visit Greg for his graduation.  He graduated from the first part of his training program.

With the dark cold winter lurking in, it was my last chance to see the sun.  Sunday I was at a bar on the beach with Greg, the sun, a pina colada, and better, fresher shrimp than I will ever find in Wisconsin.  I said goodbye to all of them for a while.

I flew into Jacksonville and we headed down towards Orlando, stopping at Daytona Beach for a quick peak of the ocean.  The coolest thing about Daytona Beach is that you can drive your car on the beach.  It was pretty cold so we didnt do much there except introduce his Jeep to the beach and snap a few pictures.

I attribute my beach obssession to the summer I spent on the beach in southern Spain when I was an aupair.  I also recently decided that was the best vacation of my life.












To celebrate Greg's graduation we decided to treat ourselves to a fun day at Universal Studios in Orlando.  I wasn't sure what to expect, not quite sure it was an age appropriate activity- I am 28 years old now.... but I am still a big kid. I loved the rides.  I loved the characters and walking around with a giant ice cream cone.  The weather was perfect.  Not too hot for Greg and not too cold for me.

 
Greg gave me the 411 on all the marvel characters.  It was one of his favorite areas. 
   

We were surprised to find that Greg is not a very popular name anymore.  The spider man cup options went straight from Grant to Gustavo.  Apparently Gustavo must be one of those new trendy names.



Dr. Suess land. ------------->

The largest rollercoaster.......








One of the highlights was the Jaws ride!  We walked through most of the areas and saw the new Harry Potter park, but it was packed like sardines and we left as soon as we could turn around.  Even the line for butter beer was at least 30 minutes.... I'm relying on my brother Mark to make me one this weekend.......................


No comments: