Saturday, April 2, 2011

Vacation 1

So I started my job with conditions.... One of which was a two week vacation in the middle of March. Of course I spent one of the weeks climbing. I went down the the Red River Gorge in Slade Kentucky on the Monday (after my weekend in Chicago). It's about an 8 hour drive, but well worth it. I spent almost one week down there, returning on the following Sunday.

The weather was pretty nice, well at least nicer than Wisconsin. The only downfall were some rainy mornings, but it gave us the opportunity to take some distillery tours of two local bourbons: Wild Turkey and Maker's Mark.
It was exciting to get back climbing outside.... I think I got in a total of near 18 climbs during the week. My favorite was probably one named 'Toker.' The climb starts standing on a giant boulder and you have to jump off it to reach the first hold of the route. Anyways, it's super fun.Below is team girl power. We were really excited about the girl:guy ratio on the trip and got to do lots of 'girl climbs' together. We are currently planning a future all girl trip. The guys said it will NEVER happen.... we'll see about that!Caitlin hiking:
Alex doing what he does best:

No comments: