Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rain Boots.

It's been a rainy week, but I am happy to say that winter is finally easing up. There is more light during the day, which means that it does not feel so late when I get home. My constantly changing class schedule is shifting and I am now an evening worker. What shift would this be called? maybe 2nd shift? I have so much to learn about the English language and my country....... I wish I would have paid more attention while I was there.

Anyways, my job continues without much change, except that I am getting to be a kick ass teacher. I am learning about many rules of the english language and pronounciation, but mostly just trying to keep my students happy. I have some rather picky students.

I learned two new British words yesterday. Shrimp=prawn. aubergine=eggplant. And lastly check=bill (check is american).

My favorite lesson of the week was "teach me how to play poker."

Speaking of favorites....... Here is one of my favorite signs in all of Madrid:

This sign is found on the buses. The first time I saw it I stared for a long time before I understood what it was cautioning.
Now for the big news: I am finally going to start studying to get my driver's license here. I am very excited and feel like I am growing up all over again. Very few people get to relive thier childhood. Well, sometimes that is what it feels like I am doing.
Check back soon to hear about my climbingful weekend.

No comments: