Wednesday, February 10, 2010

New this week!

Hello again world. Still here, healthy, happy and on the road to that rich sort of life that money cant buy. Anyways, the first thing i would like to share is a headline that i read over the shoulder of someone on the Metro today:

"Spain has donated more money to Haiti than both Germany and France." I thought that was an interesting way to present the article. The first sentence placed Spain as being one of the top countries to donate 'behing the United States, and Russia or China" or something like that. Then I lost interest in the article. I am not going to state the obvious, only say that It's the dumbest headline i have seen in a while.


Monday was a monumental day. Why? Well, remember Santi? Look back a few entries and you will see the one and only strapped to a big ol orange crash pad, captioned as being one of my favorite English students. Anyways the story is that he introduced me to his friend Kike on Monday. Aside from his a little crazy curly hair, Kike has one of the greatest talents that I have seen action.

Santi: "Katie, go ahead say a sentence and kike will tell you exactly how many letters are in the sentence"

Me: "really?"

Santi: "Yeah he was on tv for this talent when he was 20 years old."

Me: "i dont know what to say"

Kike:"anything"

Me: "mmm in English or Spanish?"

Kike: (with -.6 seconds hesitation, mind you) "well for example you just said 18 letters."


It wasnt till the next day that I appreaciated the awesomeness of his talent. Anyways he says its something like he just sees the patterns in the letter or something like that. He's also an author; It all fits together.
My favorite english class topic that came up today was 'mullets' Business up front and party in the back :) I want to plan one for tomorrow based on the tv program Lost.

Tomorrow I work until 9pm. blaaaaaaaaaah

No comments: