Monday, July 16, 2012

Milwaukee Summer Fun

Not too long ago I was asked if I was going on any vacations during the summer.  The answer? Aside from my recent wedding trip to gorgeous IOWA, I am avoiding leaving Wisconsin as much as possible.   Milwaukee is filled with endless fun during the summer.  Approximating that summer is June, July, and August- that limits me to about 12 weekends!  So the run around has begun......




Chill on the Hill: Chill on the hill is just what the title describes.  It takes place every Tuesday  in Humboldt Park.  We went a couple weeks ago to see Mel's husband play....
 Above is a portrait that I like to call "Mel and the sunset".   When I took that picture I was I wanted to have the big light ball of sun coming out of her head.  It's a great symbol for society and a lesson to all of us to let our light shine out into the world..... Okay just kidding- it's a horrible picture - but these days you can pull anything off and just call it 'artsy.'
 Above is the pavilion where the musicians play.  The whole event has a really relaxed atmosphere.  There is tons of space for everyone and since it's on a hill you don't have to worry about blocking anyone's view or having a bad seat.
 Above is Mel's son Donovan.  He is dancing to his dad's music.  I love that he thinks it completely normal that his father is up on stage playing the music that Donovan knows.
 Here we are chilling and below is Tonka.

No comments: