Thursday, May 3, 2012

Out at the Lake

My favorite Destination this spring has been Devil's Lake.  It is a wonderful state park about 2.5 hours northwest of Milwaukee.  It's a simple day trip that can be planned on a whim;  It takes you away from the city just enough to forget about everything, but not too much that it empties your gas tank.  Last weekend we went out for a day.  I was very excited to be out there and in particular with an old friend from high school who I discovered also climbs.
We had a good group out there. We ran into a lot of people from the climbing gym, imagine that- they also like to go to Devil's Lake to climb.

 David brought along a rubiks cube, which unfortunately I found difficult to put down.  It's good to know that despite the 5 years that have passed since school my brain is not necessarily dumb.  I worked on the cube between climbs or while belaying....
 David has been injured so he told us that he did not bring along his harness in order to avoid the temptation of climbing and aggravating his injury.  Instead, he just hiked around and started climbing things without his harness or a rope.......Climbers are a special breed and climbing is an addicting sport.

 Greg styling up the rock:
Don't be surprised to see more of "the Lake" (as we call it) in the upcoming months.  Summer is coming and all I want to do is play outside!

No comments: