Friday, January 6, 2012

The facebook post that finally got me.

Today was a horrible rotten no-good day.  It was one of those days that I felt everything was unfair and no matter how hard I tried to be the BEST support to the office, they kept sending me in circles.   While one co-worker pulled me in one direction, three others pulled me in the opposite direction.  Then everyone would change thier minds and tell me to do something else.  I was doing the best I could, and juggling 5 tasks at a time, but I just couldn't win.  I found myself snapping at my bosses and blurting out comments that were COMPLETELY unlike me, especially in the office.  I even texted one of my bosses after work to apologize.  I was so caught up in the movement and the hurry and the bustle and the visitors and the general stress, I just couldn't relax.  But there was one facebook post that reminded me to look beyond myself.  I don't think it is THAT much better the rest of the statuses, but it hit me at the right time:

$34,000 a year puts you in the top 1% of wealthiest people in the world. $16,000 makes you middle class. The poorest Americans, are better off than 2/3rds of the world's population.

I am so lucky for everything that I have and have been given.  There's nothing that I need or have ever needed.  I have no reason to be unhappy or think things are unfair.  While sometimes it is necessary to be in the here and now, sometimes you need to step outside of it and think beyond yourself and your life.  The key is to know when to be here and when to step outside.?  

No comments: